I received my Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies from Northeastern State University in 2014. During that time, I interned with a hospice company. Having recently lost my mother to Cancer, I was acutely aware of how important it is to have people you trust and who care for you and your loved one there in those final days. My passion for healthcare, especially hospice care, grew during that time.
Even though I had put in applications at numerous healthcare entities, my lack of experience/knowledge almost never got me in the door. I eventually accepted a position with Greenleaf Nursery Company & Garden Debut working in Marketing & Design.
I still longed for more in my life though. When I left NSU, I was certain that I would never go on to higher education, but not even two years later, I felt drawn to do more. I started researching MBA programs, but found myself interested in Oklahoma State University's Healthcare Administration program. I had a friend who was halfway through her program, and she had nothing but great things to say about it, so I started doing some research into it.
The more I learned and debated, the more I saw that it was a perfect fit for me. I still loved my Marketing & Public Relations background, but I wanted to connect that with the healthcare industry.
I began OSU in January 2016 and finished in May 2017. My desire is to someday combine my undergraduate and graduate knowledge, as well as my experience in the Marketing & Communications field to work in Marketing or Community Relations for a healthcare entity.
Marketing Communications Specialist at Greenleaf Nursery Company/Garden Debut®
• Design and write content for order forms, catalogs, tags, print/digital ads and POP materials.
• Manage print and digital advertising schedule.
• Manage trade association memberships and dues.
• Manage tradeshow contracts, payments, booth selections and personnel registration.
• Coordinate show schedules and display materials with shipping and sales departments.
• Manage inventory of POP and display materials at three nursery locations.
• Maintain up-to-date photo library of all plant varieties.
• Write and distribute press releases for new products.
• Manage articles/blogs, plant content and images for two websites.
• Manage social media posts for five social media accounts.