Follow Don’s Progress
The University of Houston is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university recognized by The Princeton Review as one of the nation’s best colleges for undergraduate education. UH serves the globally competitive Houston and Gulf Coast Region...
CollegeUniversity of Houston
- Verified by University of Houston
Don Nguyen Makes the University of Houston Spring 2014 Dean's ListDon Nguyen, a University of Houston (UH) computer engineering major and resident of Deer Park, Texas, was among more than 6,500 students who made the dean's list in the spring 2014 semester.Spring 2014Verified by University of HoustonExpand ▾
Don Nguyen Makes the University of Houston Fall 2013 Dean's ListDon Nguyen, a University of Houston (UH) computer engineering major and resident of Deer Park, Texas, was among more than 7,000 students who made the dean's list in the fall 2013 semester. Abou...Fall 2013Verified by University of HoustonExpand ▾
Don Nguyen Makes the University of Houston Fall 2012 Dean's ListDon Nguyen, a University of Houston (UH) computer engineering major and resident of Deer Park, Texas, was among more than 6,700 students who made the Dean's List for the fall 2012 semester. The Un...Fall 2012Verified by University of HoustonExpand ▾
Activities & Affiliations
Phi Kappa Phi was born different. In 1897, 10 senior students, 2 faculty members and the University of Maine president created a new kind of honor society, one that recognized excellence in all academic disciplines.Today, Phi Kappa Phi continues to rec...
Don Nguyen of Deer Park, Texas, was recently initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation's oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Nguyen...Spring 2015Verified by The Honor Society of Phi Kappa PhiExpand ▾
University of houston
Research Assistant• I worked in the Perceptual & Cognitive Dynamics laboratory in the Cullen College of Engineering under the direction of the Executive Director of the Center for Neuro-Engineering & Cognitive Science.
• The goal in this laboratory is to reverse engineer the human-brain by examining the relationship between vision, attention, and the neurological system to determine how they relate to human perception. My focus in this research primarily dealt with the phenomenon of biological motion.
• I programmed experiments using C in order to operate a Cambridge ViSaGe Stimuli Generator. Using these experiments, I exposed subjects to point-light stimuli and applied statistical calculations to the results in order to extract data that would contribute to a more accurate mathematical model of the human brain.August 2014 - Present
Added by Don
Shell Federal Credit Union
.NET Developer• Design, code, test, and implement for current core banking software applications
• Work with third party vendors in fully implementing or building upon application and software upgrades
• Develop end user applications that integrate with current mobile, online, and in-house systems
• Investigate and optimize existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
• Primary point of contact for SQL ReportingJune 2014 - Present
Added by Don