Follow Ariana D.’s Progress
The College of St. Scholastica is an independent private college based in Duluth, Minnesota with campuses across the state. St. Scholastica offers undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs both online and on campus.
DULUTH, MN -- Ariana Korpela of Cromwell, MN graduated from The College of St. Scholastica with a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy. The College held its fall 2015 commencement ceremony i...Fall 2015
Ariana D. Korpela of Cromwell graduated Summa Cum Laude from The College of St. Scholastica on May 10 in a commencement ceremony at the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center. Korpela graduated wi...Spring 2014
Ariana Korpela of Cromwell, MN was named to the Spring 2013 Dean's List at The College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN. Dean's List members have achieved a 3.75 grade point average or above on a...Spring 2013
Ariana Korpela of Cromwell was named to the Fall 2011 Dean's List at The College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN. Dean's List members have achieved a 3.75 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. ...Winter 2012-2013
Ariana Korpela of Cromwell, MN was named to the Fall 2012 Dean's List at The College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN. Dean's List members have achieved a 3.75 grade point average or above on a...Fall 2012
Ariana Korpela of Cromwell was named to the Spring 2012 Dean's List at The College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN. Dean's List members have achieved a 3.75 grade point average or above on a 4...Spring 2012
Colleges across the country are recognizing students from Cromwell Wright High School for their on-campus success. Click any achievement to discover alumni from Cromwell Wright High School, view their personalized Merit pages, and learn about what they...
The College of St. Scholastica
Graduate Teaching Assistant-Occupational Therapy Department• Graduate Teaching Assistant for The Occupational Therapy Department for the following courses:
o OTH 5504 Assessment & Intervention
o OTH 5521 Biomechanical OT Practice
o OTH 5522 Psychosocial OT
• Assist faculty members in performing teacher-related duties such as preparing and conducting labs, proctoring examinations, assessing students’ competency in lab practicals, evaluating papers, and assisting department chairperson in data collection for a research study.January 2015 - May 2015
Recreational Shift Manager• Promote recreational programs that encourage health and wellness to members of the Burns Wellness Center at St. Scholastica.
• Serve as the sole supervisor of athletic facility during early mornings, evening, and weekend operations.
• Assist in running the recreational facility and collaborate with management to develop improved policies.
• Demonstrate self-reliance and initiative in supervisorial role. Delegate work tasks and maintain staff accountability.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of new-employee training. Implement re-trainings and communicated areas of staff strength and weakness with supervisors.
• Enforce facility policies and procedures in regards to injury prevention.
• Monitor and report the status of student work performance and facility related issues.
• Developed beneficial job-related skills in leadership, customer service, conflict resolution, communication, decision-making, and management.August 2011 - June 2014
Added by Ariana D.
Benedictine Health System
Wellness & Rehabilitation Coach•Lead exercise routines for elderly residents as prescribed by exercise physiologist or physical therapist to slow the progression of disease, promote health, and improve their quality of life.
•Initiate methods of motivation and encourage elderly residents to participate in physical activity regularly to enhance self-efficiency.
•Guide residents through exercises that focus on strength, flexibility, and balance in order to improve and maintain their functional independence of walking, rising, dressing, and grooming.
•Communicate with physical therapists and families in order to adjust exercise routines. Adapt exercises and equipment according to each individual’s condition and capability.
•Provide residents with appropriate short-term and long-term activity goals.
•Use exercise sessions as a socialization opportunity for the elders to feel a sense of belonging, improve mental health, and stay socially connected to the world around them.June 2013 - August 2013
Added by Ariana D.
University Nursery School Inc
Teacher• Responsible for supervising and nurturing infants, toddlers, and preschool-age children between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years within a developmentally appropriate environment.
• Plan and implement age-appropriate activities to facilitate physical, social, intellectual, and emotional development.
• Implement lesson plans based on art, math, science, music, literacy, and movement to improve cognitive, sensory, and motor skills and develop a sense of accomplishment.
• Provide and maintain a safe, healthy, and culturally sensitive learning environment to ensure the well-being of children.
• Assist children in the development of self-help skills and self-directed learning.
• Effectively communicate with children in order to establish routines, provide positive guidance, and build self-esteem.May 2014 - Present
Added by Ariana D.