Follow Courtney’s Progress
Courtney Britt of Montgomery, AL, has been named to the Chancellor's List at Troy University for the spring semester/Term 4 of the 2016/2017 academic year. The Chancellor's List honors full-time u...Spring 2017Verified by Troy UniversityExpand ▾
Alabama Supreme Court and State Law Library
Public Service TechnicianJanuary 2007 - Present
● Capably represents the Unified Judicial System in providing quality legal reference services, research assistance and instruction to the members of the UJS, agencies, attorneys, libraries, the public and prisoners via phone, e-mail, postal mail, or in-person.
● Directs library users to standard references, retrieves information from computer databases, and supervises support staff and pre-trial diversion participants; assists with use of indices, catalog, reference tools and specialized legal resources; operates audiovisual equipment and assists users with microfilm or microfiche readers.
● Performs record-keeping of statistical information, administrative and accounting duties as required.
● Actively works with the web resources librarian and technology group on the development and presentation of information resources and services of the library website to create an electronic environment that is tailored for targeted user groups to meet the needs of library users and staff.
● Oversees the circulation of all library materials, helps customize queries; and instructs patrons in the proper use of the library’s computers and legal databases.
● Assists in preparation of public relation materials such as newsletters, brochures and other related marketing materials.
● Provides reception back-up relief as needed.
● Exercise discretion over sensitive and confidential issues related to the courts and their business.Expand ▾