Follow Imran’s Progress
Imran Khan, of University Center, was one of more than 500 students from Saginaw Valley State University whose determination and commitment to academic excellence earned them a spot on the winter 2...Winter 2016-2017
Imran Khan was one of 460 students from Saginaw Valley State University named to the President's List for the winter 2014 semester. To be eligible for the President's List, a student must take at ...Winter 2013-2014
Imran Khan, of University Center, was one of more than 2,100 students from Saginaw Valley State University whose academic dedication earned them a place on the Deans' List for the winter 2016 semes...Winter 2015-2016
Imran Khan, of Bay City, was named to Saginaw Valley State University's Deans' List for the fall 2015 semester. To be eligible for the Deans' List, a student must take at least 12 credit hours and...Fall 2015
Imran Khan, of Bay City, was one of 2,041 students from Saginaw Valley State University named to the Deans' List for the fall 2014 semester. To be eligible for the Deans' List, a student must take...Fall 2014
Activities & Affiliations
Saginaw Valley State University will host a speaker series and technology showcase in the style of the TED Talks videos made popular on social media. TEDxSVSU is scheduled Saturday, Aug. 1, from 9 ...Summer 2015
Electrical Engineers Association (EEA) at SVSUWinter 2015-2016Added by Imran
SVSU Cardinal Creativity CampSummer 2014Added by Imran
International Student ClubWinter 2014-2015Added by Imran
SVSU Fall International Student OrientationSummer 2014Added by Imran
Bangladeshi Student Association (BSA) at SVSUFall 2015Added by Imran
Forever RedFall 2014Added by Imran
SVSU Programs of Distinctions - Roberts Fellowship Program
Roberts Fellow, 18th ClassMarch 2016 - May 2017
The Roberts Fellowship Program engages a select group of approximately 10 outstanding SVSU students from a wide range of disciplines for an entire academic year in three-hour weekly seminars, a year-long service project of their own creation, and a variety of small group interactions with leaders in a broad range of academic disciplines, state government and global business. The Fellowship has a strong focus on leadership from a global perspective, as well as on encouraging its participants to pursue more ambitious professional goals than they may previously have considered. At the end of the academic year, Roberts Fellows are immersed for three weeks in Asian culture, travelling to China, Taiwan and Japan. They find their experiences to be life-changing and inspiring as they enter into graduate school as well as a broad range of careers. Visit https://www.svsu.edu/robertsfellowshipprogram/ for more information.
International Student Ambassadors Program-SVSU
CoordinatorSeptember 2014 - August 2016
• Developed application and projects,
• Recruited new student ambassadors,
• Published new website and blog.
Connecting Youth for Change (CYC), Bangladesh
Director, Department of Foreign AffairsFebruary 2013 - January 2015
International Education and Resource Network-Bangladesh (Iearn-BD)
InternNovember 2013 - December 2013
Blue Mountain Recreation Commission
Student Volunteer, StaffNovember 2012 - June 2013
Graduate and International Admissions, Saginaw Valley State University
Student EmployeeApril 2014 - Present
• Assisted to plan, organize, promote, and participate in events/activities, such as orientations, workshops, holiday parties, etc.
• Ran International Student Ambassador Program
• Organized International Cardinal College Day
• Greeted office visitors, recorded massages and helped with record keeping and filing.
• Communicated with people both internationally and domestically by phone, email, Facebook for recruiting
• Added features to International Admission's website.
SVSU College of Health & Human Services Dean's Office
Web DesignerMay 2017 - Present
* Created new website for the college
* Designed web and printing contents
* Developed social media contents and promotional items
Saginaw Valley State University, Residential Life
Resident AssistantFebruary 2016 - Present
• Provided services and experiences which fostered academic success for 60+ upperclassmen students, 15 international and exchange students, 12 J-1 Visa Global Community students
• Planned programs for resident students to express their membership in the University community.
• Improved student's transition toward adulthood and citizenship through persistent mentoring and professional skill development.
Kennedy - Lugar YES Alumni Bangladesh
AlumnusJuly 2013 - PresentAfter finishing an exchange year in Pennsylvania, USA I went back to Bangladesh and started ● performing social services for my community ● participating in YES Program projects ● volunteering for the association