Follow Ashtyne’s Progress
Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa held commencement on April 29, 2017. Ashtyne Madsen of Council Bluffs graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in mathematics . Ashtyne is the daughter of Scott and Sa...Spring 2017Verified by Simpson College
Awards & Recognition
Ashtyne Madsen was named to Simpson College President's List for the fall of 2015. Students named to the President's List earned a 4.0 GPA.Fall 2015Verified by Simpson College
Ashtyne Madsen was recognized for being a member of who's whoSpring 2017Added by Ashtyne
Ashtyne Madsen was recognized for earning an academic awardOutstanding Senior Award
A student who showed exemplary accomplishments and contributions to the Lynx Orchestra.Spring 2014Added by Ashtyne
Activities & Affiliations
Campus Activities BoardSignature Chair, Vice President, PresidentCAB is the recognized primary programming organization for the Simpson College student body, it strives to provide programming that promotes school unity and spirit among the student body, and includes staff, faculty, alumni, parents, and the greater Indianola community in appropriate programming efforts in order to develop campus communityFall 2014 - Spring 2017Added by Ashtyne
Delta Delta DeltaHouse Manager Liaison, Vice President of AdministrationTri Delta is an organization that develops perpetual bonds of friendship among it's members, develops stronger and more womanly characters, and to broaden the moral and intellectual life of it's members.Fall 2014 - Spring 2017Added by Ashtyne
Events Promotions Undergraduate Assistant for Student DevelopmentAugust 2016 - Present• In consultation/collaboration with Student Development staff, design flyers, posters, and other materials promoting programs and events and review and update the Student Development websites • Assist with communicating to the campus community information about events and programs • Submit information to the College calendar regarding Student Development programs and events
Student AmbassadorSeptember 2015 - December 2015
• Exhibit professional communication skills by speaking with Simpson College alumni about investing financially in the college’s future
• Display technical knowledge to maintain confidential information of alumni in the computer system.
• Collaborate on a weekly basis by working with other students and supervisors to accomplish similar goals.
Iowa History Center Assistant to the Undergraduate AssistantAugust 2014 - May 2016
• Update and create professional webpages that contain vital information regarding the center’s function, accomplishments, and upcoming events.
• Demonstrate listening skills by transcribing interviews so that the center’s director can include important details and facts for future published books and are important additions to the historical record.
• Organize speaking events designed to expand the historical knowledge of Simpson College’s student body by bringing in professional history scholars.
AttendantAugust 2012 - August 2015
• Prepare food in a sanitary and professional manner.
• Demonstrate customer service skills by handling customer complaints in a professional manner.
• Input key data for bowling matches including scores, averages, and personal information.