Follow Kimberly’s Progress
Wilkes University welcomes you to our official home page. Wilkes, located in Northeastern Pennsylvania, offers small classes with Ph.D.-level faculty and a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in arts, music, applied sciences, biology...
Wilkes University Provost Dr. Anne Skleder announced the Dean's List for the Fall 2016 Semester. To be named to the Dean's List, students must obtain a minimum 3.4 grade point average and carry at ...Fall 2016
Wilkes University student Kimberly Hein of Easton, PA was named to the Dean's list for the Spring 2016 semester. To be named to the Dean's List, students must obtain a minimum 3.4 grade point avera...Spring 2016
Wilkes University student Kimberly Hein of Easton, Pa. was named to the Dean's List for the Fall 2015 semester. To be named to the Dean's List, students must obtain a minimum 3.4 grade point averag...Fall 2015
Wilkes University student Kimberly Hein of Easton, PA, was named to the Dean's List for the Spring 2015 semester. To be named to the Dean's List, students must earn a minimum 3.4 grade point averag...Spring 2015
Activities & Affiliations
Zebra CommunicationsBoard Member, Co-Chair & Client Relations ManagerZebra Communications is a student-run, full-service public relations agency operating provide assistance, and advice to well established and upcoming companies and organizations.
Some of the Services provided to clients include:
- Design and implement marketing plans
- Develop and improve upon social media presence as well as website design
- Provide press release assistance with local media outlets
- Organize fundraising and charity events within the community for clientsFall 2016 - Spring 2017Added by Kimberly
Psychology ClubFall 2013 - Fall 2014Added by Kimberly
Public Relations Student Society of AmericaAdded by Kimberly
E-Mentor- Provided electronic contact with a group of 20 first-year students who are undeclared majors
- Eased the transition for first-year students at college
- Served as a resource on campus for any questions the students may have
- Communicated weekly with the studentsSummer 2016 - Fall 2016Added by Kimberly
The BeaconStaff writer, Life, Arts & Entertainment EditorThe Beacon is the student-run campus newspaper. I have been writing weekly articles since September 2016 until I picked up the leadership role in the Summer of 2016
- Supervise LA&E staff writers and enforce deadlines
- Design page(s), oversees production and proofreads final layout of LA&E page(s) for style, grammar, etc.
- Coordinates photo coverage with photo staff
- Evaluate and meet with staff every weekFall 2016 - Spring 2017Added by Kimberly
WCLH-FM 90.7Radio Host, Director of Marketing and Public Relations- Solicit underwriting grants and sponsorships for programming on WCLH.
- Manage all public relations campaigns for WCLH.
- Coordinate ALL on air promotions.
- Coordinate and approve promotional materials for individual shows.
- Manage and review/revise WCLH underwriting packages.
- Work with the E-Staff and General Manager to create and coordinate promotional programs and events. These generate revenue and/or promote listenership.Fall 2016 - Spring 2017Added by Kimberly
The Osterhout Free Library
Development and Community Relations AssistantMay 2016 - Present- Promoted to assistant after five month unpaid internship to manage press releases, media alerts and send out monthly electronic newsletters to over 7,000 contacts - Raised a record breaking $17,000 for the library through the planning and execution of the annual Brewster Rooftop Party - Assisted with the launch of a new website, osterhout.info - Continuously update content on the website as well as the social media platforms such as Facebook
Added by Kimberly
Boscov's Department Store L.L.C.
Public Relations InternMay 2016 - August 2016- Assisted the store manager and public relations director with the $2 million grand reopening of the Wilkes-Barre store and served as the event manager for all of the entertainment hired for the event - Handled all media relations for five different locations: Wilkes-Barre, Hazelton, Scranton, Pottsville and Allentown - Hit a record-breaking amount of participants in our "Friends Helping Friends" program and raised the number of participants by 17%
Added by Kimberly
Wilkes University Admissions Office
Tour GuideJanuary 2014 - August 2016Student Ambassadors are tasked with: - Providing campus tours to perspective students and families - Clerical service and data entry into EMAS database program - Marketing the university via phone, email, and social network to perspective students and families - Assisting with organization and planning of campus recruiting events throughout the year such as Accepted Students Day and Open House
Added by Kimberly
Guest Relations and Customer ServiceMay 2015 - June 2016Target Mission Statement: Our mission is to make Target your preferred shopping destination in all channels by delivering outstanding value, continuous innovation and exceptional guest experiences by consistently fulfilling our Expect More. Pay Less. Brand promise. Guest relations responsibilities include: - Assisting Guest with locating and fulfilling their purchases - Processed front end store transactions - Assisted Guest with filling out store credit card transactions - Marketed the Target brand and mission - Worked well as part of a team and maintained the Target team environment
Added by Kimberly