Natalie Ewing was recognized for earning an academic award
Selected to presented research project from competitive, national, blind selection process for the annual National Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors (BPD) conference held in New Orleans, LA.
Project was entitled: "Identifying Barriers to Orange County's Ten-Year Plan for Ending Homelessness: Perspectives of Social Service Agency Staff"
A semester focused on study of the humanities and developing leadership in Bass Lake, CA. Studied theories of religion, philosophy, and art while practicing leadership techniques and building community with fellow scholars.
Case Manager/ Homeless Outreach Intern at Salvation Army
• Conduct intakes and assessments for supportive services such as our food pantry, financial assistance, thrift store vouchers, and special Christmas programs for low income families
• Screen for potential candidates for new implementation of a long term family-centered case management program, and provide assessments as well as weekly meetings tailored to help client create and meet individual goals
• Reach out to and establish community with the local homeless population through weekly co-facilitating gatherings and conducting community outreaches.
August 2016 - April 2017
Hostess at Bj's Brewhouse And Restaurant
•Greeted each guest with warm hospitality
•Utilized leadership skills, critical thinking and creativity to coordinate host team and seating arrangements to maximum efficiency
•Took initiative outside of job description to areas that may need extra attention, may it be assisting the kitchen, wait staff, or bussers for the benefit of the restaurant team as a whole
May 2016 - December 2016
Floor Time Player at Real Connections Child Development Institute
• Provided play therapy sessions for two autistic male children (ages 6 & 8) to help develop their communication skills
• Built rapport with clients, as shown by their progressive increase in participation and improvement in initiating eye contact
• Critically evaluated clients’ strengths and needs, resulting in an increase of their skills in interacting in the community
Service Coordinator Intern at San Gabriel/Pomona Regional Center
• Managed case load of 12 independent living adults with developmental disabilities
• Scheduled home visits, prepared reports and consulted committees to determine which services were appropriate
• Collaborated with co-workers, engaged weekly with a supervisor to continuously enhance personal quality of service
August 2015 - November 2015
Tutor at #1 iPad Tutoring
• Worked with K-8th low income students in math and K-12 in ELA, utilizing one-on-one sessions held in the comfort of the student's home.
• Intentionally and patiently identified and addressed student's areas in need of educational assistance
• Prepared students with study techniques that are essential to being successful in high school and in college
January 2015 - April 2015
BSW Intern at Perivale Primary
Networked with students, teachers, and staff over the course of eight weeks in order to learn and build report with the community.
Provided support and empathy during individual and group sessions with students.
Enhanced skills in cross cultural sensitivity, respect for diversity, creative innovation, and advocation for social justice.
Social Work Volunteer at Azusa Pacific Service Learning
Volunteered with diverse populations, including older adults, churches, the homeless, and children.
Actively listened to and empathized with client's needs.
Served as a mentor, companion, and volunteer.
Developed techniques to build trust and report with both outgoing and introverted individuals.
September 2013 - May 2015
Shift Leader at Cold Stone Creamery
Responsible for training, direction, and management of crew members.
Adept in time management and mediation of disputes under the pressure of a fast paced food service environment.
Displays a positive representation of the company through comprehensively excellent presentation of the store front, of the product, of friendly customer service, and of self.
May 2013 - Present
Natalie was awarded this badge for 5 achievements.
Click on the stories below to view them.