Follow Patrick’s Progress
SUNY New Paltz announces the issuance of diplomas to graduates who completed their undergraduate studies during the spring 2018 semester. Congratulations to Patrick Derilus of Chester, NY, and al...Spring 2018
SUNY New Paltz is proud to congratulate Patrick Derilus of Chester, N.Y., for being named to the Dean's List for the spring 2018 semester. Dean's List designation is reserved for students who exce...Spring 2018
Patrick Derilus one of more than 1,800 students welcomed to SUNY New Paltz for 2015-16 academic yearSUNY New Paltz has admitted more than 1,800 students for the fall 2015 semester. Patrick Derilus of Chester, N.Y. is among the newest members of the New Paltz campus community. "This is an exciti...Fall 2015
Awards & Recognition
SUNY New Paltz student Patrick Derilus published an original literary work in the Stonesthrow ReviewSUNY New Paltz student Patrick Derilus of Chester, Jonathan contributed to the 2018 issue of Stonesthrow Review. Stonesthrow Review is the annual literary journal of the Creative Writing Program a...Fall 2018
Activities & Affiliations
Patrick Derilus of Chester, N.Y. is a member of the cast of the SUNY New Paltz spring 2018 production of the "Every 28 Hours Plays" project. Performances took place on Saturday, Feb. 10, and Sunda...Spring 2018
SUNY New Paltz student Patrick Derilus of Chester, N.Y. shared original writing at the College's annual Celebration of Writing Day, on May 4, 2018. Celebration of Writing Day celebrates student wri...Spring 2017
SUNY New Paltz student Patrick Derilus of Chester, N.Y. participated in Celebration of Writing Day. Celebration of Writing Day is an annual event held in the spring at SUNY New Paltz. The event ce...Spring 2017
Professional TutorSeptember 2018 - Present
SUNY New Paltz
Writing TutorJanuary 2016 - PresentSUNY New Paltz students from any major can sign up for a free, 30 minute, one-on-one session with a peer writing consultant. Peer writing consultants are fellow SUNY NP students who are trained to help you identify your strengths and work toward goals for your academic writing assignments. Regular sessions at the Writers Studio can go a long way toward helping you develop the confidence and skills necessary to be an effective communicator in college and beyond.
Orange County Community College - SUNY Orange
Professional TutorSeptember 2018 - Present
Maintained confidentiality with students.
Mentored and engaged with students when reviewing their work.
Collaborated with students to assure that they reach their fullest writing potential.
Tutor Counselors Liberty PartnershipJune 2018 - Present
- Collaborated with the program coordinator with supervision of students and provided academic assistance in general high school subjects.
- Recommended opportunities for participants to succeed in their pre-college performance, higher education, and professional pursuits.
- Supported students in their preparation to enter the workforce.
Codhill Press (CountryDark.com)
Editor and BloggerJanuary 2018 - May 2018
- Engaged in the practices and protocols of social media marketing for writers.
- Learned the processes of digital publication, publishing literature on online platforms.
- Practiced basic editing and proofreading.
Center for Student Success at SUNY New Paltz
Writing ConsultantJanuary 2017 - May 2018
- Guided questions and elicited critical thinking in students.
- Aided students understanding of their writing.
- Introduced efficient understanding of grammar mechanics.
SUNY New Paltz - Fieldwork In English
Writing FellowJanuary 2018 - May 2018
- Attended weekly workshop meetings for Composition II.
- Worked with SWW students outside of class in group tutoring sessions.
- Contributed writing prompts and readings to the professor and students.
New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG)
CanvasserJuly 2017 - August 2017
- Raised money for environmental preservation and protection of public health.
- Recruited community-based members from all parts of the state.
- Established a positive rapport.
WriterMarch 2016 - May 2017
- Wrote and proofread journalistic articles.
- Worked as liaison with writers, social media directors, and editors.
- Engaged and connected with relevant audiences.
SUNY New Paltz Oracle Newspaper
Volunteer Staff WriterJanuary 2017 - May 2017
- Included weekly contribution to the section.
- Coordinated with other writers and editors.
- Provided standard content.
Disabilities Resource Center at SUNY New Paltz
Test ProctorFebruary 2016 - December 2016
- Read exam directions and questions accurately to the student.
- Scribed information accurately for student.
- Accommodated the student to work in a distraction-reduced environment.
Volunteer ModeratorJanuary 2014 - October 2016
- Encouraged users to be informative when annotating texts.
- Created insightful discussion among users to present new ideas to improve the site.
- Maintained forum discussions to be value-free based and productive.
Group LeaderJune 2016 - August 2016
- Worked with groups of children ages 10-14 on educational projects.
- Engaged children to achieve positive core values.
- Built strategic relationships with staff members.
Projects, Publications & Classwork
Stonesthrow Review (2016, 2017, and 2018 Issue) (Publication)Stonesthrow Review is the annual literary journal of the Creative Writing Program at SUNY New Paltz, established in 2005. It is run by the faculty of the English Department and publishes the original work of students enrolled in the program.Expand ▾