Follow Alicia’s Progress
Alicia Soria of Hollister graduated from the University of San Diego on May 28. Soria earned a bachelor's degree in International Business and Spanish. The University of San Diego sets the ...Spring 2017Verified by University of San DiegoExpand ▾
Activities & Affiliations
Alicia Soria, majoring in International Business; Spanish and class of 2017, networked with alumni and employers in San Diego on March 24, 2017, through USD's Career Development Center. Alicia Sori...Spring 2017Verified by University of San DiegoExpand ▾
Student International Business CouncilFall 2014Added by Alicia
Student Outreach and RecruitmentFall 2013Added by Alicia
University of San Diego
University Center Operations StaffSeptember 2014 - May 2017
• Maintained on-going operations in the Hahn University Center, Student Life Pavilion, and MH - Solomon Hall.
• Managed Information desk by providing customer service, phone assistance, and public interaction.
• Executed set ups such as room configuration and audio-visual for conferences or events.
University Center Operations-University of San Diego
University Center Operations Lead StaffSeptember 2014 - May 2017
• Opened and locked scheduled facilities.
• Managed an area of emphasis to support the coordinated work and community of the UCSA Operations team.
• Managed community events in the department. Endeavors include Padres Games, Staff Banquets and Birthday celebrations.
• Coordinated, supervise, and train student-staff on a formal and informal basis which resulted in greater employee retention by 100%.
• Managed bi-weekly team meetings to review logistics and daily operations of the University Center and Student Life Pavilion, and issues/improvements within the UCSA department.
• Interviewed candidates within the department to fill vacant lead positions.
• Led UCSA staff through daily tasks, listed Above.Expand ▾
University Center Scheduling-University of San Diego
University Center Student SchedulerSeptember 2016 - May 2017
• Point of contact for event request utilizing EMS scheduling software, by scheduling, updating, communicating event needs to vendors and internal staff.
• Kept light book-keeping.
• Maintained public interaction, and observations of room set-ups.
• Managed communications to stakeholders.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
Kohls Department Store
Sales Associate, Cashier, Customer ServiceJune 2015 - August 2015
• Responsible for answering, transferring incoming phone calls and using the paging system.
• Prepared funds and media for cash registers at opening and closing to ensure financials for the day are at $2000.
• Provided change for registers and collect cash and media pickups; perform register reads and resets to ensure appropriate paperwork is done correctly.
• Processed damaged products and the appropriate paperwork correctly.
• Assisted with inventory cycle count to ensure 100% of the inventory is counted for and corresponds to our system count.