Follow Berniece’s Progress
The Cedar Crest College Chemistry Club is open to students in the entire campus community interested in chemistry. The Club gives students the opportunity to meet professional chemists in academic,...Fall 2017
Admissions Ambassadors are an extension of the college's Traditional Undergraduate Admissions Office. Ambassadors educate, engage, and communicate with prospective students and their families about the many opportunities Cedar Crest has to offer through campus tours and admissions events. Student Ambassadors assist the Admissions Office in recruiting the next generation of Cedar Crest women.Fall 2017
Being a FYE Mentor is a dynamic and challenging role for students with leadership skills and desire to work with new students. It is an opportunity to create a positive Cedar Crest college experience and assist with the transition that students face when entering college. Responsibilities include leading new students through the transition to college by helping them understand the challenges of college; connecting them with students, faculty and staff; educating them about academic and co-educational program and services; and exposing them to our rich heritage and traditions centered in women's leadership. FYE Mentors facilitate small groups, assist with resident student move-in, organize programs and schedules and co-teach a College Life course in the fall semester and the Exploring Your Future course in the spring semester.Fall 2018
Emerging Student Leader Award: Lena Polliard Capstone Student Leader Award: Madison (Hadley) Wellen Outstanding Student Involvement Award: Kathleen Mallari Skills Award: Nyla Ngegba Unsung Hero...Spring 2019
Berniece Johnson was recognized for being acceptedCedar Crest College annual ring scholarship recipient for Spring 2017. During junior year there will be a traditional ring ceremony. All ring expenses will be taken care of by a generous donor, which is a named or anonymous alumna.Added by Berniece
Berniece Johnson was recognized for being acceptedCedar Crest College founders scholarship is a merit scholarship I received my first year. A Merit scholarship is awarded based on academic criteria, such as high school grade point average (GPA), SAT or ACT scores, and class rank.Added by Berniece
Activities & Affiliations
American Chemical Society MemberMembership comes with resonable benefitsAdded by Berniece
Ambassador reserveAugust 2015 - Present
● Serve as positive role model for youth and new students.
● Contribute and interact positively and persuasively with new and prospective students both over the phone and face to face.
● Provide college tours to perspective Cedar Crest College students and community members.Expand ▾
Samuel Tompkins Theatre
Costume Shop EmployeeAugust 2015 - Present
● Assist designer with pulling costumes.
● Assistant Stage Manager.
● Assist in preparation and cleanup for fittings.
● Participate in rendering, display and presentation process as appropriate.
First Year Experience (FYE) Mentor
FYE MentorAugust 2017 - Present
● Serve as a positive academic and social role model.
● Educate new students about various resources and student services available at Cedar Crest College
● Discuss any mentee concerns with the Student Assistants or Program Director.
● Participate in and complete all other duties as assigned.
TA- Chemistry DepartmentJanuary 2017 - Present
● Supervise all laboratory activities for chemistry lab course.
● Maintain a safe, instructive atmosphere in the laboratory at all times.
● Follow all safety guidelines at all times in the laboratory, and enforce these guidelines for all students in the laboratory.
● Be familiar with all experimental procedures and calculations involved in an experiment prior to entering the laboratory.
Summer Research Internship at University of Georgia
Independent ResearcherMay 2017 - July 2017
● Be competent in the statistical and other analytic procedures used to evaluate data.
● Conduct research in accordance with the ethical principals outlined by research mentor.