Exercise Technician at Christiana Care Health System
To provide supportive services in the Physical Therapy Department.
- Assists the therapist in treatment preparation for group or individual sessions. Sessions include, but are not limited to, hot and cold packs, routine follow-up exercises, and ambulation.
- Maintains the work area in a neat and orderly fashion, safe for patient care. Cleans and prepares equipment for patient use.
- Maintains a current inventory of patient supplies and equipment.
- Assists therapists in medical equipment ordering.
- Monitors patient flow within the department; occasionally assisting with patient transport.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices and infection control policies. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, hazards, or safety violations that might cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
November 2014 - Present
Sales Associate at RTA Medical Supply
Worked directly with vendors such as CHOP, Mainline Health, as well as other pediatric offices and rehabilitation centers.
May 2010 - August 2012