Front-row thinker asking great questions for the right idea. Enjoys art, nature, walks, talks, inspiring peers and practicing Mandarin. (He'll tell you more if you take the first step and ask!) Sings first tenor for choirs big and little.
Undergraduate Research Assistant and Lab Manager at University of Nevada, Reno
I. Eye Tracking/Biometric/Survey Research
--Maintain lab scheduling and participant database
--Assist with software updates and technology maintenance
--Conduct and manage lab demos/trainings
--Assist with staffing for experiments and lab research
--Manage projects to ensure adequate number of participants
--Merge and export all data from eye trackers (See Eye tracking protocol)
-- Export and merge quantitative and qualitative data to faculty folders
-- Record all student participation extra credit in management system
-- Maintain filing system and update lab records/licenses
-- Assist with IRB paperwork and equipment purchases
-- Other tasks as needed
August 2018 - Present
Public Relations Intern at Diocese of Reno
Published in magazine with a circulation of 20,000.
Pitched video campaign strategies and created content at conference.
Serves as sole student representative on quarterly-meeting diocesan liturgical commission.
Sang twice for annual diocesan conference choirs.
Offers Millennial perspective on Church's functions and underrepresented stories.
Published multiple times in campus newspaper for diocesan stories.
Proposed the yearlong media internship now held.
November 2017 - Present
Asia-Pacific Liaison for Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Taiwan at Circle K International
The purpose of the International Expansion Standing Sub-Committee is to improve international relations while expanding Circle K International into countries outside of the United States and Canada in order to become a truly international organization. The focus will be to build and strengthen Circle K International clubs and to create a solid foundation for international clubs to build upon through the use of membership development education, outreach and marketing tactics.
Goals for the 2017-2018 International Expansion Standing Sub-Committee:
1. Create new resources tailored to clubs outside of the United States and Canada in order to help them build and grow
2. Work with Kiwanis International to rebuild Circle K International in areas and nations where Circle K International clubs once existed but are no longer in active
3. Work with Kiwanis International to encourage Circle K International membership for students within a university in areas and nations outside of the United States and Canada
4. Work with struggling areas outside of Untied States and Canada to increase membership and retention
5. Find innovative ways to promote Circle K International beyond the boundaries of the United States and Canada
6. Work to ensure that all resources for clubs outside of the United States and Canada are
translated to the appropriate language(s) as needed
7. Utilize social media to help connect international clubs with the rest of Circle K International and vice versa
8. Produce a quarterly bulletin to highlight Circle K International clubs all over the world and to promote the cross-cultural exchange and awareness
9. Work with Circle K International clubs and the Trustee at Large which include but are not limited to Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan and Philippines
President, Nevada Advertising Club at American Advertising Federation
Leading your premier place for students to socialize and network with local professionals. We learn more about the advertising world through agency tours, speakers, and projects with local businesses and on-campus clubs. We also become honorary members of the American Advertising Federation (AAF). If you find yourself rewinding commercials, obsessing over typeface, wondering about ad placement or analyzing design... join the club. Ad kids get it. [That's our mission!]
Past treasurer, 2016-2017.
May 2017 - Present
Diocesan Liturgical Commission at Diocese of Reno
The role of the Commission is two fold:
1. To promote high standards of liturgical celebrations in accord with Church documents that concern the liturgy, chief among these documents is "The Constitution of the Sacred Liturgy".
2. To coordinate the planning of all diocesan liturgical celebrations, chief among which are (but not exclusive to): Chrism Mass, Rite of Election, Ordinations, Jubilee Mass, Annual Diocesan Conference
The DLC, to promote higher standards of celebration, strives to do so through dissemination and explanation of the liturgical theology instruction and catechesis for parish liturgy committees providing a resource to parishes for questions and concerns providing a model in all diocesan and episcopal liturgies through on-going education, catechesis and training of member of the commission
For more information: https://renodiocese.org/liturgical-comission
April 2017 - Present
Historian, Honors Student Ambassadors at University of Nevada, Reno
Historian, May 2016 - May 2018.
Consolidated and chairs the public relations/social media committee.
Taking photos and making social media posts for the Honors Student Ambassadors of the University of Nevada, Reno! Our team shares information, answers questions, and helps prospective students make an informed decision on their college choice. We also develop and participate in programming for Honors Program students and serve Honors in a variety of ways in the office. Among achievements, revised an outdated social media communications policy.
Concurrently an Honors Peer Mentor.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.unr.edu/honors
Counselor, Recruiter, Yearbook Editor-in-Chief at Nevada Boys' State
Nevada Boys' State is a civic leadership week-long conference held at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Recruits students from high schools across Nevada, by telephone, email, and personal interaction
Interacts with a diverse group of high school seniors and volunteer staff members from all across Nevada in a supportive and productive manner
Responsible for safety of delegation of 20-25 high school seniors
Oversees delegate newspaper staff
Coordinates yearbook team of counselors
Photographs for yearbook and closing slideshow
Presents a leadership-development workshop on various themes, each program