Follow James’ Progress
Awards & Recognition
James Roberts of Fort Benning, Georgia, was among the students recognized for outstanding achievements in academics, leadership and service during the Honors Convocation for students at the Phenix...Spring 2019Verified by Troy University
Signal OfficerOctober 2009 - December 2016
• Coordinated the fielding of $17.5 million of new equipment.
• Primary communications officer responsible for the readiness and maintenance of the communications and automation systems.
• Responsible for the safety, training, and development of 20 to 70 personnel accumulating various personal and group awards for excellence.
• Advised executives and staff on the capabilities and proper utilization of personnel and communications assets. Developed a communication architecture that provided reliable world-wide communications.
• Managed Helpdesk personnel responsible for over 1200 users.
• Coordinated and gave weekly staff reports on various platforms to include using Video Teleconferencing equipment, as well as staff conference environment.
• Coordinated several teams of personnel in three countries, all while maintaining accountability of equipment and personnel readiness.
• Coordinated the many aspects involved with the planning and execution of a training event which moved personnel and equipment thousands of miles to perform a month long training event. This event has been replicated in various forms several times, but never on this scale. This produced a several hundred page reference document detailing the training and establishing the feasibility and timeline necessary to execute another such event.