Emerging Scholars Program Assitant at Berea College
• Supervise a team of student workers and a cohort of individuals in the scholars program.
• Plan recruitment to increase the competitive nature of what is already one of the most competitive program on campus – The Emerging Scholars Program.
• Organize weekly events that host up to 50 people – including speakers, itineraries, locally sourced food, advertisements, and social media.
• Aid in the design and distribution of advertisements across the campus to increase attendance of events.
• Improve upon the program’s social media impact through the usage of Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
May 2015 - Present
Entrepreneurship for the Public Good Program at Berea College
• Collaborated to create an overarching social media strategy supporting small independent businesses across a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Trip Advisor, Google+, YouTube, YELP, Twitter, Instagram, and more).
• Served as the emissaries to the Kentucky Trail Town Program to develop interested communities into gateways letting users know what is available and enhancing the local tourism industry.
• Daily updates to our social media accounts focused on driving engagement and recruiting new supporters.
• Coordinated with other social media consultants, advocates and bloggers for partnerships and joint initiatives.
• Developed strategic social media plans for businesses.
• Prepared and present PowerPoint presentations for civic leaders – including Executive Judges and Mayors.
• Conducted business analyses of more than 80 business using the Stanford Business Observation Lab Model.