Industrial Engineer Co-Op at Volvo Group
- Championed process improvements on the hood-line with collaborative efforts of cross-functional team of station operators, logistics engineers, maintenance engineers, Mack Production System team, value and business team leaders and EHS department. Planned and executed Kaizen Week keeping hood line as focus area.
- Led, documented and successfully implemented 2 major Kaizens by attacking the area with 67 Quick Kaizens and 5S audits. Resulted in 35% reduction in NVAAs and 65% reduction in ergonomic issues. Tools used: Yamazumi Boards, VSM, time study, standardized work, line balancing spaghetti diagram and measuring OEE.
- Eliminated overstocking of parts by inventory management, and scheduling through Excel automation, VBA code and Macros that standardized the entire fleet. This was achieved by scanning 350+ parts based on their independent Core Instruction on Sprint structure. Saved 30% of floor space on the supermarket rack.
- Designed, developed and implemented new kit-karts for the hood-line. Comparatively, former kit-karts were 25% heavier and 23% lengthier leading to ergonomic issues and dropping of parts.
- Designed and prototyped new racks to hold finished sub-assembly hoses implementing Poka-Yoke. Formerly, standard racks were used with large totes. The new design occupies 50% floor space and can hold twice the parts.
January 2018 - Present
Project Management Consultant at CertainTeed Corporation
- Created, monitored and maintained Kanban board using Scrum framework to proactively lead meetings with EHS mangers and respective MasterLock reps at 15 different CT facilities around the US; maintained Gantt Chart to schedule and track each of these activities.
- Identified, quantified and developed a compliant metrics to accurately highlight parameters which are prevalent and/or distinct from one another for each of the 15 plants; the model helped the CT team to craft an umbrella policy that could be used for all CT plants.
- Spearheaded the development and execution of a compliant safety policy which covered all the terms of OSHA/MSHA standards, Saint Gobain policy and individual plant policy which was verified by MasterLock professionals and individual EHS managers
June 2017 - Present