Founder and Director at Alicorn Systems
Founded Alicorn Systems and oversaw the design, development, and marketing of a new platform for distributed applications that run on any number of devices, from any vendor, anywhere in the world, with little to no developer re-training.
July 2017 - Present
Software Engineer at OCI
Designed, developed, and documented components for open source distributed application frameworks, including the FogLight IoT runtime, the GreenLightning microservice runtime, and ROS-2.
October 2016 - Present
Founder at Alicorn Systems
Started in 2012 as a tech blog called Mechakana Systems, Alicorn Systems is a business centered around providing documentation, resources and technologies in support of modern control systems for the internet of things. Today my primary focus is on the development of the Alicorn Platform, a modern Internet of Things framework that gives people of all ages and professions the ability to create robust control systems for robots and hardware.
• Designed and implemented a novel cross-language API and framework in Java, Ruby and Java Script for interacting with hardware, networks and robots.
• Overhauled a pre-existing Android-based control system with the Alicorn framework, reducing development time by more than 50% while retaining compatibility with legacy control systems.
• Gave multiple presentations on using the Alicorn framework at local community colleges and training events, impacting more than 200 different high school and college students.
• Designed and implemented a custom web services framework capable of being directly embedded on resource-constrained systems (e.g., Android smartphones and Raspberry Pis).
• Implemented a custom continuous integration system that automatically packages and uploads releases to the official website whenever the Alicorn Platform gets updated, saving an average of 3 hours of developer work per release.
• Created a comprehensive brand from the ground up including custom logos, info graphics and a bespoke HTML5 website (http://alicorn.io).
July 2012 - Present