Follow Emily’s Progress
Emily Elder has been named to the Siena College Dean's List for the Spring 2018 semester. Elder is from South Glens Falls (12803) To be named to the Dean's List, a student's grade point average fo...Spring 2018
Emily Elder has been named to the Siena College Dean's List for the Fall 2017 semester. Elder is from South Glens Falls, NY. To be named to the Dean's List, a student's grade point average for the...Fall 2017
Emily Elder was recognized for earning a spot on an honors listTo my knowledge, my GPA stayed above a 92% the entire time I was in high school.Fall 2013 - Spring 2017Added by Emily
Awards & Recognition
Emily Elder was recognized for winning a scholarshipI was awarded the Presidential Scholarship from Siena College in May, 2017.Added by Emily
Emily Elder was recognized for winning a scholarshipI was awarded the St. Francis Scholarship from Siena College in July, 2017.Added by Emily
Activities & Affiliations
Key ClubEditorI was a Key Club officer my senior year. I kept track of the 'behind the scenes' activities like member paperwork, dues, handling sending out reminders and making sure people showed up to their volunteer work.
I also did a lot of volunteer work. Our club put on a "Parents Night Out" where we watch children while their parents had the night off. We hosted countless other activities like making cards for kids in the hospital and putting on dog food drives.Fall 2013 - Spring 2017Added by EmilyExpand ▾
French Honor SocietyA select few are inducted each year. You must have an above 90 average in French for your freshman and sophomore years as well as keep it through all quarters while you continue.
Once you're in the club we meet a few times a year and do some service activities. Over the years I've wrapped presents for children who normally wouldn't get Christmas gifts as well as rang the bell for the Salvation Army.Spring 2015 - Spring 2017Added by EmilyExpand ▾
National Honor SocietyTo get into NHS is a real honor. You have to have great grades as well as a record of doing service for others to be considered. I went through a recommendation process. I had to get people to write me recommendations and also had to write an essay on the importance of service and scholarship.
After induction we had to do one group community service project. Each fall we went to a summer camp for disabled or terminally ill children and raked leaves. Individually we were also responsible for 20 hours of independent community service.Fall 2015 - Spring 2017Added by Emily
South High Marathon DanceThe South Glens Falls Marathon Dance is a dance in which high school students dance for 28 hours straight to raise money for people in our community who can really use it. Last year we raised $823,614.91. Due to medical issues I've never made it fully through a dance but I've raised money and I've done everything I can to support my friends as they've done it. It's the most cathartic experience ever. It's the community's most valued achievement even today 40 years later. It's why everyone is so proud to be a "bulldog."Spring 2014 - Spring 2017Added by EmilyExpand ▾
Siena College Standish Library
Circulation AssisantSeptember 2017 - Present
* Employ exemplary customer service skills by assisting patrons locate and check out reading materials.
* Maintain an orderly front desk by answering phone calls, stocking printers, and managing the organization of incoming reading materials.
* Professionally answer any questions that may arise.
Custom Concrete Coatings
Administrative AssistantJuly 2013 - Present
* Utilize time management skills to assist owner by arranging job schedules, writing estimates and maintaining the customer database by recording new entries and contacting customers by email or text.
* Apply organizational skills by managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, and the reconciliation of bank and credit card statements.
* Maintain timesheets, processing of weekly payroll, and distribution of paychecks.
Lanes N' Games
Snack Bar Attendant / Party HostessApril 2015 - October 2016
* Adapted existing customer service skills by taking orders, preparing and serving food in a timely manner.
* Developed managerial skills and exercised basic managerial functions in the snack bar department including conducting inventory and making minor managerial decisions, under the advisement of the general manager.
* Advanced time management skills by maintaining the schedule of events while promoting the positive outcome of each party as party hostess.