Editor In Chief at The Miami Student
The Miami Student is Miami University's largest student publication with over a dozen editors and 50+ other staff members. As Editor-in-Chief, Emily oversees all aspects of the newspaper from editorial content to page design to advertising. Emily also hires and manages a staff of editors, writers, photographers, designers, web managers and business managers.
March 2017 - Present
Managing Editor at The Miami Student
The Miami Student is Miami University's largest student-run publication. Publishing twice-weekly print editions as well as additional stories and multimedia elements online, the Student is Miami's best source for in-depth, analytical reporting.
As Managing Editor, I help the Miami Student by:
- Editing stories for all sections including news, culture, opinion and sports
- Helping the Editor-in-Chief facilitate staff meetings, budget meetings and print production
- Communicate with our team of editors, writers, photographers, graphic designers, staff advisors, ad sales staff and business managers
- Write, report and edit in-depth and investigative stories
July 2016 - Present
Creative Media Team Intern at Ariel Corporation
Ariel Corporation is the world's largest manufacturer of separable reciprocating gas compressors. A family owned and operated company, Ariel prides itself on its traditions and values but also its innovation.
The Creative Media Team at Ariel works on a wide variety of projects from video case studies to print advertisements to trade show booth design.
As an intern, I helped Ariel:
- Manage and create editorial content, especially content highlighting the company's 50th anniversary
- Enhance the search engine optimization of the Ariel Corporation website
- Shoot and edit photos and videos for Ariel Corporation events
- Write and edit stories for the company's biannual company-wide newsletter
- Produce, shoot and edit a case study with Kentuckiana Clean Fuel at their CNG fueling station in Louisville, Kentucky
May 2016 - Present
Vice President of Public Relations at Pi Sigma Epsilon Miami University
PSE Miami operates like a small consulting firm. Clients are provided with innovative business solutions and chapter members are given opportunities to gain real world business experiences. As the Vice President of Public Relations, I lead and manage a public relations committee which engages current, former and potential members with our organization and provides engaging informational materials to our members and clients.
As VP of Public Relations, I also:
- Manage and create editorial content for 5 social media platforms
- Assist in creating and distributing promotional materials for spring and fall recruitment seasons
- Write and edit press releases, resumes, case studies and other business materials
January 2016 - Present
Trainer at Cold Stone Creamery
Train incoming employees, re-train and evaluate the skills of current employees, schedule training sessions, implement strategies to improve customer service based upon feedback from management, customer complaints, and observation of employees during their shifts
May 2015 - Present
Assistant News Editor at The Miami Student
Assign and edit articles, write once weekly for publication, contribute to weekly editorials
April 2015 - Present