IT Technical Specialist at Greenville County
After working for the BJU IT department, I was able to transition to the Greenville County IT department. The Greenville County IT department supports a network of approximately 2,500 desktop PCs, personal notebooks, and IBM mainframes. I work with customers remotely and through personal interaction. While working for the County I have been able to help support many locations including the Greenville County Courthouse, WIA (Work Force in Action), Greenville Area Development Corporation, and County Square.
- Troubleshooting software and hardware issues on the Windows, Linux, and OS X platforms
- Deployment of Software on computer labs using the Windows Deployment Server
- Revamp of old County Websites and new web content creation using html, css, and Visual Basic Studio
- Customer Service Call center rep (fielded questions concerning PC issues)
May 2015 - Present
Mac Specialist at Bob Jones University
While working for the BJU IT department, I provided help-desk support for students, faculty, and staff. Many times, the IT Service Desk would send me to assist customers in person. Not only was I tasked with troubleshooting complex software problems, but I would also oversee software deployments and teach customers how to effectively use new software through personal interaction and instruction.
- Software Deployment via DeployStudio and LANDesk
- Software troubleshooting and repair
- Hardware diagnostics and repair
- Gave customer training in 1 on 1 and group settings
- Received Training for OS X and iOS software and devices
May 2013 - December 2014