I am a senior at Iowa State University studying Event Management with a minor in Entrepreneurial Studies. I have a passion for weddings as well as other special events. I enjoy seeing the spark in the client's face when the event comes together.
Mikaela Lighty was recognized for earning a scholarship
Marjorie McKinley Memorial Scholarship
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -
Added by Mikaela
Mikaela Lighty was recognized for studying abroad
Studied abroad in Bahamas over spring break of 2017.
Added by Mikaela
Mikaela Lighty was recognized for earning an academic award
Hospitality and Restaurant Management 2.0 Certified
Added by Mikaela
Sales Associate at Sam’s Club #6568
January 2018 - Present
Junior Captain (Intern) at JX Event Venues
Execute floor sets for the duration of the week Cleaning duties A/V setup during events Ambiance lighting changes throughout the events Having a strong guest interaction as well as security throughout the event
May 2017 - August 2017
Marketing Representative at Insomnia Cookies L.L.C.
• Excite students and portray positive image of Insomnia Cookies’ brand on campus
• Identify key groups and organizations on campus, special days, etc.
• Build relationships with campus media (TV, radio, newspapers, etc.)
• Source on campus and local events, festivals, sporting events, etc.
• Distribute all marketing collateral throughout campus and the local community
The Cafe - Catering Assistant at Kirkwood Community College
• Managed catering supplies and equipment and assisted event set-up
• Delivering excellent customer service, dealing with enquiries in a professional manner
August 2015 - May 2016
Barista at Kirkwood Community College
Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
Sells coffees by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines.
Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, expresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
August 2015 - Present
Lead Teacher at Before and After School
• Monitoring and care taking children between the ages of 6 to 12.
• Planned daily activities for 90 consecutive days during summer break by using Pinterest.
August 2009 - Present
Mikaela was awarded this badge for 5 achievements.
Click on the stories below to view them.