-Choir executive board member: 1). 2014-15: position as assistant stage manager: setting up before/after rehearsals and concerts, led riser committee, coordinated with Zoellner Arts Center Staff, played large role in props and lighting in concerts 2). 2016-17: position as choir librarian; responsible for all music within the choir
-preformed at Carnegie Hall and Yankee Stadium in November, 2014
-tour internationally every other year: Northern Italy in May 2015, and Southern Spain May 2017
- Chosen for 2015-2016 academic year to be a ChEHH mentor for underclassmen ChE's to help guide them in areas such as study habits, courses, intern and career advice, and becoming involved at Lehigh
-participated in AIChE events such as Linde Plant Tours, event meetings
Formulations Development Intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. (REGN)
- Developed an effective method to generate Free Fatty Acid (FFA) particulates to assess the sensitivities of the particulate counting techniques
- Optimized a particulate generation technique in placebo and formulation buffer.
- Tested how varying factors, such as background refractive index and polysorbate concentration, effected particle detection.
- Presented results at weekly Department Presentation meeting
May 2016 - August 2016
Purification Development Intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. (REGN)
-Demonstrated proof of concept and feasibility of transitioning to a multiplex qPCR assay for the detection of residual CHO genomic DNA.
-Used DoE approach to determine optimal reagent concentrations and demonstrated comparability to singleplex method.
-Independently performed and troubleshot experiments. Verified reagent stability under various conditions.
-Modeled results in JMP statistical software optimized to improve throughput and reaction efficiency.
-Presented results in informal group meetings and at Intern Presentation Seminar.
June 2015 - August 2015
Molecular Cardiovascular Biology Lab Intern for Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
-Worked with postdoc on independent research project in Molecular Cardiovascular Biology Lab studying the effects of inhibiting a kinase involved with inflammation and fibrosis in the heart.
-My work will be recognized as a significant contribution in postdoc’s poster and upcoming research paper publication.
-Gained exposure to lab equipment and procedures while collecting data that proved our hypothesis.
-Presented project data reports in weekly meetings and poster presentation to summarize research.
Research in Rheology (ChE Department) at Lehigh University
- Selected by Professor Schultz to investigate microenvironment effect on cells, leading to new scaffold designs that manipulate cellular behavior to advance wound healing, tissue regeneration and 3D cell culture.
- Current work will include determination of a more effective growth mechanism correlated with increasing the overlapping polymer concentration.
-Observed cell-material interactions in a photo-polymerization reaction involving “click” chemistry to study the effects on gelation and final material properties.
January 2014 - Present
Michelle was awarded this badge for 7 achievements.
Click on the stories below to view them.