I am an accountant, consistently continuing education to better service clients. I have an interest in international accounting, however, currently I am focusing on tax preparation and consulting services. I have obtained my A.A.S. in Accounting and just recently began the journey towards a B.S.B.A. in both Accounting and Finance, and minors in Economics and International Studies. I also offer bookkeeping services and social media management on the side.
When I'm not on the job, I volunteer at a shelter for cats, study Japanese and Spanish, and spend time with my family. I also research on certifications that interest me after obtaining my CPA designation.
Fall 2014 - Fall 2015
Lehigh Carbon Community College
Added by Sarah
Accountant at Brian C. Goodman & Associates, P.C.
Building upon my experience as an intern, I continue to assist and gain experience towards earning CPA designation. I also continue managing social media and provide insights. The typical tasks throughout the year include:
- Preparing corporate, partnership, trust, and individual tax returns
- Analyzing business performance against industry data and advising on improvements
- Using QuickBooks Desktop to perform reconciliations, record adjusting journal entries, and prepare financial reports
- Handling correspondence with federal, state, and local tax authorities
- Managing client records for accurate bookkeeping, including accounts payable and accounts receivable responsibilities
- Conducting client interviews, counseling clients on a variety of tax issues
- Researching tax questions; offering suggestions for tax planning and studying tax laws for potential tax savings for corporate and individual clients
- Using QuickBooks Online to accurately manage books for new bookkeeping clients
January 2016 - Present
Accounting Intern at Brian C. Goodman & Associates, P.C.
As an Accounting Intern, I assisted my supervisor and gained essential experience in the accounting and tax preparing profession. I also was given responsibility of social media management and provide insight. My typical tasks included:
- Prepared corporate and individual tax returns
- Analyzed business performance against industry data and advised on improvements
- Performed reconciliations, recorded adjusting journal entries, and prepared financial reports in QuickBooks
- Wrote letters to federal, state, and local tax authorities
This internship was a contracted 300-hour position.
August 2015 - December 2015
Independent Beauty Consultant at Mary Kay Inc.
As a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant, I helped women and men look, feel, and smell their best by selling Mary Kay skin care, makeup, and fragrances. I was also trained to help others who were interested in starting their own Mary Kay business. Typical responsibilities included:
- Employed financial management and inventory control skills for efficient small business sales.
- Conducted one-on-one client consultations to identify skin care needs and answer questions regarding product line.
- Performed facials and makeovers as well as conducted Mary Kay parties upon request.
As a Marketing Assistant, I collaborated with multiple departments to boost overall revenue. This was achieved by creating marketing methods to attract potential long-term clients and exceeding quotas each week to produce and prepare promotional materials.